Here are some reminders and updates to help prepare families for the new school year.Important reminder, Monday September 12th is a NYCDOE Holiday and school is closed. Children return to school on Tuesday, September 13th.
- Class placement letters for Pre-k children will go out during the week of August 29th. The letters will be sent through email. A reminder will go out next week.
- The first day of school is Thursday, September 8th. Children arrive at 8:00 a.m.
- The 1st day of school, Thursday, September 8th, for Pre-K children is a modified day. It is in the morning. Children are organized into 2 separate groups and attend for only one hour. This information will emailed with the class placement the week of August 29th. The second day, Friday, September 9th , is a ½ day. Arrival is 8:00 a.m. and dismissal is 11:20 p.m. Please be reminded Pre-K teachers will be having a Pre-K Orientation at 11:00 a.m. in the classroom.
- First full day is Friday, September 13th. Regular dismissal will be at 2:10 p.m.
- Please be reminded Monday, September 12th there is no school.
- com is not available at this time. Please wait until after the first week of school when the NYCDOE sends them the updated roster. If you try to sign up now you will get an error code.
- Please fill out the online Meal Application form from the NYCDOE. This determines eligibility for free school lunch. All families must fill out this form. Here is the link to see the school food menu, http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/schoolfood/MenusDailyDisplay.aspx?month=9. Select the Breakfast Express Menu and K-8 Lunch Menu. These are the only options for our school.
- If you are unable to find the Pre-K Supply list I have attached it above. Please follow the dates listed to bring in the supplies. You can also find the list on my website by following this link https://parentcoordinatorps188q.com/kindergarten-information/.
During the 1st week of September a copy of the emergency contact form will be sent home for any updates or changes. Please fill it out and update emergency contact information.