Thank you to all our families for your continued support and for getting your children onto Google Classroom. Here is the link for the attendance sheet for Wednesday, March 26th. We added a field for the date. Here are some reminders;
- Reminder, our first virtual spirit day will be “Be A Kingsbury Royal”. Students, staff, and families can wear our PS 188 gear. Students can post their “Royal” pictures on their class pages. Friday, March 27.
- Families only need to clock in their child in once a day. There is no set time but if you can clock them in by 8:00 p.m. we would greatly appreciated.
- Make sure your child is checking their email daily.
We will have two more Spirit Days this month. Thank you Mrs. Gambeski for setting them up.
- March 31st, do you have a pet? Take a picture. Tell us their name. Don’t have a pet, not a problem, take a picture of your favorite stuffed animal. (The students have asked for this spirit day for years)
- April 3rd, local Superhero Day-Students can dress up as a local superhero or make signs thanking them. Take a picture and post it. A way to thank our local superheroes (first responders, grocery workers, hospital workers, and other essential personnel).
I now have a Google Voice phone number where families can reach me. The number is 929-320-0757. My work hours will be my regular work hours, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I anticipate a lot of families calling which is o.k. Just understand if you get my voicemail I am on the line with another family and will return your call as soon as possible. Please leave your name, your child’s name and your child’s class. It will make it easier for me to assist you. Also when you are emailing me, in the subject line, please put your child’s name and class. It will make it easier if I need to forward your email to Dr. Caraisco or Mr. David for assistance.
- Follow this link for Free Home Access for Students to ABCmouse, Adventure Academy & ReadingIQ During School Closures. Attached to this email is a family welcome letter with our districts redeem code.
- At schools.nyc.gov/learn-at-home, parents can access a list of free online resources organized by content and grade level that can be accessed at home. There are suggested daily student schedules, guides and instructional materials for instructional activities in at least nine languages, recommended educational television shows, and links to a variety of books, magazines and websites on a wide range of topics that appeal to children at all ages.
- If you don’t have internet service or you know of someone who doesn’t have internet service, I have attached a list to this email of service providers who are offering free internet service at this time.
- If you need to reach a Family Welcome Center, you can reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be reminded there was a glitch in how the passwords downloaded to us for iReady. If your child was born in a month that has only 1 digit, there should be a “0” in front. An example is, January 23, 2019 the password should be 01232019.
- Please read the attached letter from Chancellor Carranza about locations that will be set up for the children of first responders. If you know of a first responder who may be overwhelmed with work and may not see this email, please reach out to them and let them know. There is a survey they will need to fill out.
- There are locations in District 26 that will be distributing free meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’ve attached the list above. If you know of someone who this may be helpful too, please pass it on.
- Our first virtual spirit day will be “Be A Kingsbury Royal”. Students, staff, and families can wear our PS 188 gear. Students can post their “Royal” pictures on their class pages. Friday, March 27.
That is all for now. One of my favorite quotes is by Kobi Yamada, “Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.” We got this.