August is a great time to grab your bikes, roller skates or walking shoes and head into the city for Summer Streets! For three Saturday’s in August, 6th, 13th and the 20th, from 7am to 1pm, families can bike ride, walk or even roller skate down Park Avenue from 72nd street tot the Brooklyn Bridge! Along the way check out all the activities they have planned. Maybe I’ll see you there!
Check out this PowerPoint, Get Ready for Summer! from our social worker, Mrs. Hollis. Really great ideas to help stop thee summer slide!
Below are some more fun ideas for the summer. Check out some of the links below.
- Time Out for Kids – 101 Things to do with Kids in NYC – Whether you are looking to be outside in the sun or stay mostly in the air conditioning, you will find some cool activities here, like Brooklyn Bridge Park. Along with the wonderful play spaces there is a Water Lab—a stone-strewn area with water underfoot to splash in—plus, New York’s largest sandbox. Now that is worth a look.
- Time Out for Kids – The Best Summer Activities for Kids in NYC – I am a big fan of Time Out for Kids. Most of these activities have a fee but some don’t like bike riding around Governor’s Island. If you haven’t been, you should definitely consider visiting. And of course I have to give you one of my all time favorites, Street Fairs and Festivals. Walking and street food, I’m there!
- Mommy Poppins – 100 Free Things to Do in NYC the Summer with Kids – Mommy Poppins is another website I used to use a lot. Check out Bryant Park on Thursdays in the summer for Bubble Shows! Who doesn’t love big bubbles?
- NYC Parks – Free Summer Activities for Kids – From outdoor pools to digital tech programs, there is always something for everyone at a NYC Park.
- NYC The Official Guide – Summer Guide – This website is the official guide to activities in NYC. It is one of the best summer guides I have ever used.
If you have a link or an idea, especially if it is local in Queens, don’t forget to send it to me so I can share with the rest of our school community. Enjoy the wonderful summer!!
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact [email@example.com] to request assistance.