Please read through all the reminders and updates. If your child will be attending an after school program, even if they are not beginning until Friday, September 8th, please send in a note with the name of the organization and the name of the person who will be picking up your child. Please remind them to bring a valid ID.
- Class placement letters for Kindergarten children went out last week on Thursday, August 31st through email. If you have not done so already, please respond and let me know that you have received the letter.
- The first day of school is Thursday, September 7th. Children arrive at 8:00 a.m. and will be dismissed at 11:20 a.m. only on the first day of school.
- There is no parking in the annex parking lot. This is not our parking lot. It belongs to the church. You must find a legal street parking and walk to the school.
- First full day is Friday, September 8th. Arrival is 8:00 a.m. and regular dismissal will be at 2:20 p.m.
- On Wednesday, September 13th, from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., is the “Meet the Teacher Night.” The purpose of this event is to introduce you to your child’s new teacher and provide time for you to learn about the upcoming events planned for your child’s class. After “Meet the Teacher” parents are invited to attend our 1st PTA meeting of the school year. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. All parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
- Please fill out the online Meal Application form from the NYCDOE. All families must fill out this form. Please visit nyc.applyforlunch.com.
- Here is the link to see the school food menu,http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/schoolfood/MenusDailyDisplay.aspx?month=9. Select the Breakfast Express Menu and K-8 Lunch Menu. These are the only options for our school.
- The Kindergarten Supply list can be found under the tab located at the top of the page, Supply List. Please follow the dates listed to bring in the supplies.
During the 1st week of September a copy of the emergency contact form will be sent home again for families to update or changes just in case something changed over the summer. Please return as soon as possible.
That’s all for now.
Let me know if you have any questions. See you tomorrow!!