Welcome back to our new and returning families. Below is some information for the first week of school. Please be reminded Thursday, September 7th is the first day of school for all students. In the event it rains, an emergency voicemail/email will go out to all parents with arrival procedures. I will be emailing this information several times in the next couple of weeks to keep families updated as we get closer to the first day of school.
Important reminder, Wednesday September 13th, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., is the Parent Conference. Parents are invited to come to the school, meet your child’s teacher and get an overview of expectations from your child’s teacher. More information will be posted as we get closer to the day. We will also have our 1st PTA Meeting at 7:00 p.m. All are welcomed to join.
- Pre-K will receive an email from me sometime next week with classroom assignments.
- Pre-K Families – Please be reminded Pre-K is on a modified schedule on Thursday and Friday. More information will be sent out with class assignments. First full day for Pre-K is Monday, September 11th and dismissal is at 2:10 p.m.
- Kindergarten Families – Please be reminded the first day of Kindergarten, Thursday, September 7th, Kindergarten children will be dismissed at 12:50 p.m. First full day is Friday, September 8th and dismissal is at 2:20 p.m.
- The first day of school is a regular school day for all 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students,first day of school ONLY: children report to the big school yard by 8:20 a.m. for class assignments and lineup. Class lists will be posted ALONG the fence where your child will need to line up.
- Dismissal is at 2:40 p.m. Dismissal doors are as follows:
- 1st grade and classes 2-202, 2-217 and 2-317 dismiss from the garden located at the south side of the school (between the small school yard/playground and the school).
- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students dismiss through the back doors into the big school yard located on Kingsbury Avenue.
- After the first day 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students enter through the main entrance.
- 1st and 2nd grade report to the school gym for line up.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th report to the auditorium for line up.
Dismissal doors are subject to change. If any changes are made to the dismissal doors or procedures we will notify parents before school starts. Any questions or concerns please let me know.