If you have not filled out and returned any of the notices emailed on Friday, September 8th, please do so by Monday. I will begin voicemails hopefully next Friday.
Please follow this link to download a copy of Achieve NYC: A Complete Guide to New York City Public Schools. The guide has the most current information regarding the City’s public schools. The guide contains: important dates, details about enrolling in City schools, who to speak to in schools when you have concerns, grade-specific learning expectations, transportation options for students, and how to obtain financial aid for college.http://schools.nyc.gov/ParentsFamilies/AchieveNYC/default.htm
Achieve NYC: A Complete Guide to New York City Public Schools, has the most current information regarding the City’s public schools. The guide contains: important dates, details about enrolling
- Parents please be reminded if the person picking up your child does not have ID we will not release your child to them. Also if your family member or authorized pick up person speaks limited or no English, please write your child’s English name on a post card so we can better assist them. It is important to us to provide a stress free dismissal at the annex especially for elderly family members. Your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
- The emergency information contact form was sent home. Please update or change just in case something changed over the summer. Please return as soon as possible. We need all parents to return the form. If your address changed, you MUST come to the main building and provide two proofs of address to Mrs. Kennedy, our Pupil Personnel Secretary. Thank you.
- If your child will be attending an after school program, please send in a note with the name of the organization and the name of the person who will be picking up your child to your child’s teacher. Please remind them to bring a valid ID.
- If you have not done so, please fill out the online Meal Application form from the NYCDOE. This form is to determine poverty levels in the city. It assists the city with receiving more federal funding for schools. All families must fill out this form. Please visit nyc.applyforlunch.com.
- Please be reminded, if you have not filled out the school lunch survey, please do so this weekend. This survey is to ensure we have enough free lunches for all the children who will be participating in school lunch. Annex families must choose either school lunch or bringing lunch from home because the food is brought to the school daily from another location. We are unable to change the amounts daily. Reminder, all NYC Public School children are now eligible for free lunch. Please see the attached letter from the Chancellor. We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.https://goo.gl/forms/CV0q59kDo4ntK00p1
goo.glDear Pre-K and Kindergarten Parent/Guardian, Please fill out the form below and let us know if your child will eat school lunch or if your child will be bringing lunch to school during the 2017-2018 school year. Unfortunately, because the kitchen in the annex is a heating kitchen and the food is delivered to the school daily, we are unable to allow families to switch between bringing lunch and getting school lunch during the school year. Thank you for your assistance.
Next week Reminders:
- Wednesday, September 13th is the “Meet the Teacher Night.” The purpose of this event is to introduce you to your child’s new teacher and provide time for you to learn about the upcoming events planned for your child’s class. Annex parents will meet their teachers in the annex. After “Meet the Teacher” parents are invited to attend our 1st PTA meeting of the school year. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the main building cafeteria. All parents are welcomed andencouraged to attend.
- Friday, September 15th is the PTA Pre-K and Kindergarten Parent Breakfast. The breakfast will be held in the annex cafeteria from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. So, drop off your children and head over to the cafeteria to chat and relax.
Important Upcoming Information;
Please be reminded Thursday and Friday, September 21st and 22nd, there is no school for all children. Please make a note of the date.
That’s all for now. Have a wonderful weekend!