We invite families to join us as we present with great pride, the Class of 2017! The event will be held in the P.S.188Q auditorium on Thursday, June 22nd and will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
In an effort to organize and expedite parents, arrival for graduation, we are asking parents to please adhere to the procedures listed below. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Please do not arrive at the school before 8:30 a.m.
- When you arrive at the school, please line up on the ramp to the left of the main door. We are asking that parents please not use the front steps. The front steps will be for arriving staff and school children only.
- Parent volunteers will begin checking tickets at the top of the ramp beginning at 8:30 a.m. To be admitted to the building you must have a ticket.
- Upon entering the building there will be a table on either side of the door for parents to sign in. This will also be staffed by parent volunteers.
- After you sign in, you can proceed directly to the auditorium. Please do not enter the gym. No photos at this time.
- All siblings, regardless of whether or not they attend P.S. 188, must also have a ticket if they are attending the graduation. P.S. 188 siblings must present a note to their classroom teacher stating they are attending the graduation prior to graduation.
- Please do not set up tripods in the back of the auditorium. The PTA will be filming the event and will provide a copy to each family. In addition, please do not stand in the aisles. We need the aisles clear at all times to ensure a safe event
IMPORTANT: Due to the large graduating class and number of seats in the auditorium, each child will be allowed 2 tickets for graduation. AS we did last year, we will be using Eventbrite for the tickets. The site has just enough tickets available for the number of students in 5th grade to receive 2 tickets each. We do have extra tickets but a very limited amount. Dr. Caraisco will take requests for 1 extra ticket after June 1st. Extra tickets will be distributed by lottery to give everyone an equal chance at getting an extra ticket. Families will be asked to go on Eventbrite. Tickets will be available to claim right before the day of graduation. The link for Eventbrite is: http://ps188q5thgradegraduation.eventbrite.com
After graduation, many parents choose to take their children out for the day. Please follow this link to let us know if you will be taking your child with you or if you want us to place him/her in another class for the day. No child will be allowed to leave the building and walk home by him/herself after graduation. The form must be filled out no later than June 20th. Children whose parents have not filled out the form will automatically be placed in another class for the day after the graduation reception.
If you have another child in a lower grade that you will be taking out as well, please list their name and class on the form as well. All siblings attending graduation must have a ticket. We also strongly recommend sending a note to your younger child’s teacher prior to the 5th grade graduation.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Myrna Perez Fung, Parent Coordinator, at 718-464-5768. Thank you.