Dear 1st, 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th Grade Parent/Guardian,
Hope everyone is ready for the new school year. Attached is the September Calendar and the supply list. Below are some updates and reminders for the first week of school.
Beginning this year all students in 1st, 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th grade will be required to use an agenda to assist them with organization and to write down their homework. We have purchased agendas for the school and the cost is $5.00 per child. Please send your payment in an envelope with your child’s name, grade, and dollar amount on the front of the envelope. Implementing agendas now will help your child become accustomed to using them in middle and high school where they are commonly used.
- The first day of school is Thursday, September 7th and it is a regular school day. Children arrive by 8:20 a.m. and are dismissed at 2:40 p.m. Please review the September calendar above for arrival and dismissal information.
- If your child will be attending an afterschool program, even if they are not beginning on the first day of school, Thursday, September 8th, please send in a note with the name of the organization and the name of the person who will be picking up your child as soon as possible to Ms. Emily Baer, our afterschool bus coordinator. Please remind them to bring a valid ID.
- On Wednesday, September 13th, from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., is the “Meet the Teacher Night.” The purpose of this event is to introduce you to your child’s new teacher and provide time for you to learn about the upcoming events planned for your child’s class. After “Meet the Teacher” parents are invited to attend our 1st PTA meeting of the school year. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. All parents are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
- Please fill out the online Meal Application form from the NYCDOE. This determines eligibility for free school lunch. All families must fill out this form. Please visit nyc.applyforlunch.com.
- Here is the link to see the school food menu,http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/schoolfood/MenusDailyDisplay.aspx?month=9. Select the Breakfast Express Menu and K-8 Lunch Menu. These are the only options for our school.
- If you have misplaced the supply list it can be found here,https://parentcoordinatorps188q.com/2017-2018-supply-list/. Please follow the dates listed to bring in the supplies.
During the 1st week of September a copy of the emergency contact form will be sent home again for families to update or change just in case something changed over the summer. Please return as soon as possible.
That’s all for now. The September Calendar is above. Please review. There is a lot of information for families on the calendar. You can also access the calendar on my website at this link,https://parentcoordinatorps188q.com/330-2/. Click on the event for more information
Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great week. See you tomorrow!!