Welcome! Please read through all the reminders and updates. If your child will be attending an after school program, even if they are not beginning until the first full day of Pre-K, Monday, September 9th, please send in a note with the name of the organization and the name of the person who will be picking up your child tomorrow. Please remind them to bring a valid ID.
- Class placement letters for Pre-K children were emailed Friday, August 30th. Families, please respond and let me know you have received the letter. If you have already responded you do not need to respond again.
- There is no parking in the annex parking lot. This is not our parking lot. It belongs to the church. You must find a legal street parking and walk to the school. If you park in the lot, you risk having your car towed.
- On the 1st day of school, Thursday, September 5th. Pre-K children are organized into 2 separate groups and will attend for only one and a half hours. This information was emailed with the class placement on Friday, August 30th. The second day, Friday, September 6th, is a partial day. Arrival is 9:30 a.m. and dismissal is 11:20 p.m.
- First full day for Pre-K is Monday, September 9th. Regular dismissal will be at 2:20 p.m.
- myschoolapps.com or Family Income Inquiry Form– Please be reminded, completing this online form helps secure funds for our school. All families MUST fill out a form. The school is held responsible for all unreturned forms.
- Beginning on the first day of school, breakfast and lunch will be served in both buildings. Families can either send in lunch or have your child eat school lunch. Please remember to send in a healthy snack for snack time. Here is the link to see the school food menu, http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/schoolfood/MenusDailyDisplay.aspx?month=9. Select the Breakfast Express Menu and Pre-K-8 Express Hot Lunch Menu. These are the only menus for the annex.
- Friday, September 13th, the PTA will host a Pre-K and Kindergarten Parent/Guardian breakfast in the main building at 9:00 a.m. This is for parents only. Follow this link to let us know if you will be attending.
- If you are unable to find the Pre-K Supply list, the list is attached to this email.
During the 1st week of September, a copy of the emergency contact form will be sent home again for families to update or changes just in case something changed over the summer. Please return as soon as possible.
On Thursday, September 12th, is the Parent Conference (Meet the Teacher) and 1st Monthly PTA Meeting. The Parent Conference will be from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and the PTA Meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. Come and meet your child’s teacher and get a brief orientation of expectations and what your child’s day looks like. Then join us at the PTA meeting to meet our PTA board and principal Dr. Caraisco. More information will be sent home on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
That’s all for now. There is a lot of information for families on the calendar including dates for Open School Week in November.
Let me know if you have any questions. See you tomorrow, Thursday September 5th!