Field Day is June 7th. The Pre-K and Kindergarten students will remain at the Annex for Field Day. The 1st and 2nd graders will remain at the Main Building. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will walk to Alley Pond Park. We need parent volunteers to have a successful Field Day. A letter for parent volunteers has been sent out.
During the month of June, the lower grade students will be playing games revolving around all the equipment that they learned to use this year. We will also be revisiting some of the students’ favorite games. The older students will be creating games in small groups and then the class will play the new games.
P.S. 188 will be participating in Kid’s Heart Challenge (formerly known as Jump Rope for the Heart) during the week of May 13th. The students will be participating in this event during their regular Physical Education periods. In addition, there will be a school wide event on May 16th. It is a fund raiser for the American Heart Association. Donations can be made on-line. Our school is listed as Kingsbury. The event engages students with jump roping and other activities, while empowering them to improve their health and help other kids with heart-health issues.
The benefits of jumping rope are:
- A lot of muscles are being worked at the same time. This can create muscle tone and definition.
- It enhances performance in any sport.
- Jump rope workout can be effective in helping you lose weight and reduce your heart disease risk.
- It’s also great for eye-hand coordination, lateral movement, foot and hand speed and agility.
- In just 15 to 20 minutes, it will give you an unparalleled total body work out.
STUDENTS MUST WEAR SNEAKER ON PE DAYS. They cannot wear sandals or crocs.
I hope everyone has an active, fun, and safe summer!!!!!!