During the month of March:
- The Kindergarten-2nd grade students will continue working on throwing and catching skills.
- The 3rd-5th will continue with the basketball unit. They will be working on ball handling and shooting skills.
The 4th and 5th graders completed the Fitness Gram Assessment. Parents will be able to access the results on the My Schools Account in June.
During April, the students will be participating in a Jump Rope Unit. Students will learn how to jump rope. For students who know how to jump rope, they will be learning various jump rope tricks.
P.S. 188 will be participating in Kid’s Heart Challenge (formerly known as Jump Rope for the Heart) during the week of April 27th. The students will be participating in this event during their regular Physical Education periods. In addition, there will be a school wide event on May 1st. It is a fund raiser for the American Heart Association. Donations can be made on-line. Our school is listed as Kingsbury. The event engages students with jump roping and other activities, while empowering them to improve their health and help other kids with heart-health issues.
The benefits of jumping rope are:
- A lot of muscles are being worked at the same time. This can create muscle tone and definition.
- It enhances performance in any sport.
- Jump rope workout can be effective in helping you lose weight and reduce your heart disease risk.
- It’s also great for eye-hand coordination, lateral movement, foot and hand speed and agility.
- In just 15 to 20 minutes, it will give you an unparalleled total body work out.
SAVE THE DATE: FIELD DAY IS JUNE 5th. MANY VOLUNTEERS WILL BE NEEDED TO HELP ORGANIZE THE GAMES. INFORMATION WILL BE SENT HOME SHORTLY.
STUDENTS MUST WEAR SNEAKERS TO PARTICIPATE IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION.
STUDENTS NEED TO PRACTICE TYING THEIR SHOELACES.
Heather Gambeski firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Zargarov email@example.com