Safe in the Sun
Dear Families and Caregivers,
It is so important for children to protect themselves from the sun during outdoor activities. While fresh air and outdoor exercise are part of a healthy lifestyle, it is important for people to limit their exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. Too much in the sun can cause painful sunburn, which can lead to skin cancer and other diseases.
Luckily, we can protect ourselves from the sun’s harmful rays. Help your children make wise decisions about sun safety by:
- Always using sunscreen, even on cloudy days.
- Wearing hats, sunglasses, and other protective clothing when outdoors.
- Spending time in the shade.
- Avoiding the sun, if possible, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated.
By protecting yourselves from the sun’s harmful rays, your family and friends will avoid painful sunburns and other problems. That way everyone can have even more fun in the sun!
The P.S. 188Q Family