Creative Writing Contest!
Please write a short story for submission!
- Students in grades K-5 are eligible to participate!
- The genre is Realistic Fiction.
- The story can be any length you choose.
- The story can be hand-written (as neatly as possible) or typed.
- Story elements to consider:
- Characters are ordinary, realistic people.
- Characters usually change as a result of a problem and must be able to resolve it.
- Place can be real or imaginary (but realistic) either current time or in the past.
- Plot must be plausible and believable.
- There is usually a problem or puzzling event for the characters to resolve.
- Reader may feel that the story really happened or may want to believe that it did.
- Time is any time.
- Dialog and feelings are realistic.
- Author can use foreshadowing or clues to tease the reader’s curiosity.
- Can be told in first-person or third-person voice.
Winners will be selected by Dr. Caraisco
All entries due by May 31, 2019
Winners will be announced in June 2019