Creative Writing Contest!
Please write a short comic book for submission!
- Students in grades K-5 are eligible to participate!
- The genre is Superhero Comic Book Writing.
- The comic can be any length you choose.
- The comic should include pictures and captions and/or word bubbles.
- You must create an original story (a superhero who you create)
- Superhero story elements to consider:
- Comic books use language such as onomatopoeia (BAM! POW! BOING!)
- Some superheroes have sidekicks: Batman & Robin; Aquaman & Aqualad.
- Some superheroes change appearance (The Hulk, The Thing).
- Some superheroes wear costumes (Superman, Spiderman, & Batman).
- Some superheroes are human (Spiderman, Batman, & Ironman).
- Some superheroes are aliens (Superman & Wonder Woman).
- The setting is important in comic book stories (Gotham, NYC, & Krypton).
- Superheroes sometimes have gadgets, weapons or devices: You may not use deadly weapons in your comic book (no guns, bombs, etc.). No one should be killed in your comic!
- Time is any time.
- Can be told in first-person or third-person voice.
Winners will be selected by Dr. Caraisco
All entries due by June 19, 2019
Winners will be announced on June 26, 2019