Creative Writing Contest!
Please write a short story for submission!
- Students in grades K-5 are eligible to participate!
- The genre is
- The story can be any length you choose.
- The story can be hand-written (as neatly as possible) or typed.
- Story elements to consider:
- Characters are usually realistic, ordinary people.
- Characters usually change as a result of a problem.
- Place is imaginary but possible.
- Must be believable.
- Usually contains a problem or puzzling event for characters to resolve/solve.
- Author usually uses foreshadowing or clues to tease the reader’s curiosity.
- Dialog is realistic.
- Can be told in first-person or third-person voice.
Please send all entries to Dr. Caraisco by January 31, 2020.